QuickBooks 2017 has arrived.
Next year’s version contains several new features and improvements. See below for information regarding these changes. While improvements in QuickBooks are positive in the long run, often these first releases of new versions can have unexpected results when upgrading, or even bugs they will need to release a patch to fix. I recommend caution before jumping right in and upgrading immediately.
Want help determining when the right time to upgrade might be for your business? Contact me for a QuickBooks consultation.
QuickBooks 2017 for the desktop is here! Note that QuickBooks Accountant should be available now (or very soon) to members of the ProAdvisor program. The general release for everyone else will roughly around September 22.
Here’s a quick summary of what you will see. Note that I’m working with the US versions in this article.
The following new/updated features are available in all Windows versions of QuickBooks 2017 (Pro, Premier, Accountant, and Enterprise), except as noted:
- Scheduled Reports: The ability to automate sending reports via email at scheduled times.
- Search Improvements: Locating the information that you need, quickly and efficiently, can be important if you have a large amount of information to work with in your QuickBooks file. A number of search and filter improvements have been implemented that may help you with this task.
- Report Customization Improvements: You can now view and print information about what filters have been included in the report, as well as make multiple-record filter selections more easily.
- Security Improvements: Intuit has changed what components are used by the program to improve security, as well as some other security-related issues.
- The Record Deposits icon shows the number of deposits that are available.
- A Cleared flag shows on cleared credit card charges.
- If a User is deleted, the deleted user’s name will still show on the audit trail.
- Your Company name will print on the deposit summary.
- You can copy/paste detail lines on weekly timesheets.
- There are improved notifications when you switch from multi-user mode to single user mode.
- More features can be used in multi-user mode.
- Support for high resolution monitors.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Quality Improvements. There are a number of miscellaneous improvements limited to QuickBooks Enterprise.
In addition to these changes, Intuit tells me that there will be no change in QuickBooks desktop pricing, as far as the MSRP.