A Fresh Look and Feel for QuickBooks® Online
Part One in a series of QuickBooks® Online 2017 Changes.
December brought a holiday gift from Intuit — a shiny new QuickBooks® Online interface. Simplified and more efficient, Intuit will be rolling out this new look across all of their QuickBooks online products, including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, QuickBooks Self-Employed, and other Inuit products working within the QuickBooks® Online environment.
New Homepage Dashboard — A More Widgeted, Fluid Experience
The new QuickBooks® Online Dashboard presents a nice change, with a more widget-like feel for easy browser re-sizing and use on smaller screens and a generally more responsive, up-to-date User Experience.
A look at the old Dashboard:
And the New QuickBooks® Online Dashboard:
For those familiar with previous versions, there will be some adjustments to make. The activity feed for example is no longer on the right, but rather found by looking to the audit log, accessed through the gear icon. Most of what you are looking for is still here though — just a little rearranging. (Numbers correspond to image above.)
- In-Product Guidance (for new to QBO users only): New guided steps get clients started using QuickBooks easily.
- P&L: The new P&L bar chart includes downloaded bank transactions, that convert to solid lines once you review and accept them into QBO.
- Sales: Updated chart is now a line graph showing revenue over time.
- Activity Feed: Find all your activities now in the audit log under the gear icon in the top bar.
- Tips: Learn cool tips and tricks to better use QuickBooks and boost your efficiency.
If you are a new user, you will see in-product guidance to help with the use and features of QuickBooks® Online.
(Tip:You can easily turn this off by clicking the link in the upper right that only shows up if you hover the mouse over that corner.)
Design Enhancements and a Cleaner Interface
The first thing users of previous versions will notice is the clean, bright, easy to navigate interface. Not only is this easier on the eye, and in keeping with a more modern UI, but it also makes for a much more friendly mobile user experience.
Let’s take a look at some before and after shots:
Before the update:
The New QuickBooks® Online look:
None of the familiar content or tools you use have been removed, but they’ve reorganized a bit: (Numbers correspond to image above.)
- Header: Continuous header bar across screen with new, unified color and navigation buttons moved to the right.
- Navigation Bar: Clean navigation bar with lighter background and no icons. A dark green, vertical indicator highlights your selection.
- Lists: Streamlined background (including headers) with brightened action items.
- Primary Button: New green color for consistency.
- Invoice Tracker: Purposeful and brighter colors draw the eye to numbers that need attention, while improving visibility of all numbers with a larger font.
Over the coming weeks you’ll see more updates to all related products, as the goal at QuickBooks® is to have a fully in-sync User Experience and Interface. They’re well on their way with these terrific changes released in December — and as soon as more changes come round, we’ll be sure to share the with you!