Discontinuation of QuickBooks® Online Accountant old Trial Balance feature
If you are a fellow professional using QuickBooks® Online Accountant, and missed this update:
Intuit’s QuickBooks Online Accountant Trial Balance feature is being discontinued and effective on May 31, 2019, the files or content entered by you and stored in the Trial Balance feature will no longer be available for access. Please access your account prior to this date to download and back up your files.
To access and download the files, please follow the steps below:
Log into your client’s QuickBooks Online account:
- Log into your QuickBooks Online Accountant account
- Access one of your clients’ QuickBooks Online account
- Update the url of the web page to qbo.intuit.com/app/legacytrialbalance
- Click Enter on your keyboard to view the Trial Balance feature
To download and backup the current files:
- Ensure that the tax year listed at the top of the page matches the year you want to archive
- Click the Finish review button in the top right corner
- Select Archive to ZIP in the drop-down list of options
As a reminder, the Trial Balance feature was replaced earlier this year by our new Prep for taxes feature. Prep for taxes still helps you find issues in your clients’ books and assists in mapping the accounts in QuickBooks Online to send to our integrated tax software, ProConnect Tax Online.
To learn more about Prep for taxes, simply navigate to it from your client list or from the Accountant Toolkit from within your client’s QuickBooks Online account and click Help.
If you have any suggestions or feedback about this enhanced feature, please click Feedback in the top right corner of the Prep for taxes page.
The QuickBooks Online Accountant Team